Saturday, May 20, 2006

The best things happens while you're dancing

Last night, my wife and I along with her cousin and fiance took a dance lesson at the Arthur Murray Studios in Danvers. My wife got it as a pre-wedding gift for the two soon-to-be newlyweds. I wasn't sure what to expect but we ended up have a good time. Our dance instructor was very nice and made us feel very much at ease. She showed us two dances, the waltz and the rock-step. We focused mostly on the waltz for most of the lesson. I was a bit tense at first while trying to keep in the 1-2-3 step of the dance. Once I started to get relaxed, I lost my step.

The rock-step is a variation of the swing step I believe. That one was messing me up but the girls seemed to get it down packed. We were all having a good time that it seemed the time there was too short. However, fear not, bloggers. There probably will be more reports as we all signed up for 12 more lessons that we'll be taking in the upcoming months.

And as Adam Sandler sang on "Dancin' And Pantsin": ... and dance.... like you just sh*t your pants.

4 Comments:

At 5/20/2006 6:28 PM, Blogger Elsa said...

Good for you, Ed! I can't wait to see some of those moves. Maybe you can show us at the next book club meeting - at least your half of the steps :)

 
At 5/20/2006 7:47 PM, Blogger Bearette said...

Danvers!! That's where I grew up :)

 
At 5/22/2006 7:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Cool, Ed! Sounds like fun. I wish my husband were up for 12 weeks of dance lessons. Ain't never gonna happen, I'm afraid. Yea, we want a demonstration at the next book club meeting. Bring some Fred Astaire music!

 
At 5/26/2006 7:51 AM, Blogger Tam said...

Ed, I think Deb would agree with me, it's time to pass on the dancing crown to you guys! I have officially forgotten our hip hop routine!! :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home