Monday, May 29, 2006

Hit Parader

Does anyone else keep thinking today is Sunday? Me too. We'll Memorial Day weekend was filled with yardwork and fun. I finally mowed the rest of the lawn (or should I say forest) on Saturday during the day.

Last night, I went to play bingo with my wife, mother-in-law, and my wife's cousin and fiance. Bingo is my mother-in-law's ritual Sunday night thing so we decided to join her this week. It was my first time going so it was interesting. Everything was run very effectiently, but don't let some of the blue-haired ladies fool you. If you mistakenly yell bingo before you number is announced, they'll pounce on you like a vulture to a dead lion. As each ball is drawn, they show it up on a TV screen on either side of the room so that you can get a jump on it. Then, they announce the number officially moments later. It was a fun time and I wouldn't mind going again.

Today, the kids, the misses and I went to see the Memorial Day parade which lasted no more than half hour or so. It was a nice day today, albeit hot and humid, but there wasn't a whole lot of people lining the streets to watch. And how can you pass up a parade with McGuff the crime dog? All in all, it was a good weekend. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 5/29/2006 9:38 PM, Blogger Elsa said...

Sounds like a nice weekend - except for mowing the forest :) I think Bingo can be fun - especially the "people-watching" or should I say "character-watching".

And yes, it felt like a Sunday, but I'm glad tomorrow is Tuesday instead of Monday - yeah!

 
At 5/30/2006 1:03 PM, Blogger Tam said...

Ed, glad you had a nice weekend. I've always wanted to play bingo but never had the opportunity. Maybe it'll go on my list of things to do as a new woman!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home