Monday, April 03, 2006

Back to day one

Today was my first day at my new job. The morning was spent in orientation going over company policies, benefits, etc. The second part was settling in and getting myself situated, meeting new people and starting my ramp-up plan. My nerves were shot today. I was fine until I was just heading out the door this morning.

The people there are very nice and I'm sure it will be just a matter of time to get acclimated to the new digs. Changing jobs after just about nine years is quite an adjustment.

3 Comments:

At 4/03/2006 10:40 PM, Blogger Elsa said...

Congrats on your first day at the new job. I know it's never easy starting a new job, but I'm sure you'll do well and everyone will love ya! :-)

 
At 4/04/2006 9:36 AM, Blogger Carmen said...

Yeah, congratulations on your first day! I can't wait to hear all about it tomorrow night!

 
At 4/05/2006 12:50 PM, Blogger Tam said...

Yippeee, you made it through day one! I know how you feel with the shot nerves, it's def the norm and I suspect it's a symptom that causes many of us to stay in our current jobs well past "our time"!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home