Monday, March 27, 2006

Mason heads to the Final Four

It was one for the ages. Top seeded UConn was single-handedly ousted in OT on Sunday by 11th seeded James Mason.

"I didn't think he had it in him, " said UConn coach Jim Calhoun. "I mean, I knew it wasn't going to be a cake walk for us because he made it this far, but come on, he's been dead for over twenty years now."

The feelings were mutual among his players.

"Coach told us not to play possum with this guy, " said forward Rudy Gay. "That dead guy got skills."

When asked of his performance, Mason went into a five minute soliloquy on the game. "I'd like to thank all my constituents back in Yorkshire. The University of Connecticut provide an excruciatingly tough match-up for me, but alas, with the grace of God, I came out victorious. I look forward to my next endeavor. God save the queen."

1 Comments:

At 3/27/2006 6:13 PM, Blogger Elsa said...

LOL!!! That is too funny, Ed!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home