Friday, February 24, 2006

Furniture wars?

If you live in Massachusetts or New Hampshire, you may appreciate this. I was watching the news this morning and realized that it seems like more than half the commercials are from furniture advertisers. It made me think, "Is there such a high demand in New England for furniture and bedding that the commercials are saturated with them?" For years, the lone furniture store advertiser was Jordan's Home Furniture, Waltham, Nashua, and Avon, home of MOM! Our motion odyssey movie theatre, featuring Jordan's sibling owners Barry and Elliot. You'd hear them on the radio and on the telly mimicking other television ads.

Now, there are others. For a while, there was Dean's "I Doubt It" Home Furniture, starring the annoying Dean. I believe he either went out of business or was bought out by equally annoying Bob's Discount Furniture.

Then, there's another staple in the home furniture market, Bernie and Phyl's, featuring a husband and wife team and a catchy jiggle to their commercial. Everybody! Bernie and Phy-yl's. Quality. Comfort and Price... That's Nice.

So now these three advertisers are constantly on the tube and in our sub-conscience. Why did I write this? I have no idea.

1 Comments:

At 2/24/2006 9:55 PM, Blogger Elsa said...

The government should underwrite a study to see, if in fact New England consumes more furniture than the rest of the country (oh yeah, I said consumes). I agree with you - it's one furniture ad after another.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home