Thursday, July 06, 2006

So close!

So Portugal is not going to the finals on Sunday. Oh well, it was a good run. Now I don't know who to route for, if anyone. Italy or France. Probably Italy since France beat Portugal.

On the local front, my son J. and I went camping for the first time on Monday night and he had a fun time. We actually rough it a bit by sleeping in tents at a camping site in Plymouth called Indian Head Resort. We stayed with some distant cousins that we haven't seen in a while and with some friends which was nice. We only stayed for the night as we needed to get back to rest up to go to work the next day. Plus, my wife and daughter were beginning to get sick and via doctor's orders they stayed behind. We went with my brother-in-law with the ok from my wife because J. was so excited to go.

We roasted marshmallows by the fire pit and I ate them for him. lol We went to the beach for a bit the following morning before heading back. It was super hot and humid on the 4th so it was unbearable at least for me, but J. was having fun and didn't want to leave. All in all it was a good time.

3 Comments:

At 7/06/2006 12:46 PM, Blogger Elsa said...

Yes - very sad about Portugal :(

Sounds like you and J had a good time!! J got Dad all to himself :)

 
At 7/06/2006 12:50 PM, Blogger Tam said...

Nice work on eating the marshmallows, Camper Ed!!

 
At 7/06/2006 1:13 PM, Blogger Elsa said...

Oh yeah...good job on the marshmallows!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home