Saturday, July 01, 2006

To the Extreme!

Last night, my wife and I went to the Bank of America Pavillion, a.k.a. FleetBoston Pavillion to see the funky-rock band, Extreme. What a great show! It was a night for Boston bands as Charlie Farren from Farrenheit fame was the opening act. He played some of his solo acoustic stuff and then played Farrenheit's lone single, "Fool In Love".

Extreme came out rocking opening up with "Decadence Dance" and played for over two hours. At the end of the show during the encore, drummer Paul Geary took over the microphone and started talking how when he was growing up, he had posters of these guys up in his bedroom and were greatly influenced by them. Then, he proceeded to introduce on stage, Brad Delp and two other members of the band Boston! The crowd went nuts and they played "Rock and Roll Band". I couldn't believe I got to see Boston play live! They are one of my all-time favorites. It was truly a night for Boston bands.

1 Comments:

At 7/02/2006 9:27 PM, Blogger Elsa said...

Sounds like a fun night, Ed!! Dick and I saw Boston at the Tweeter Center 2 or 3 years ago. They put on a great show!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home