Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Blizzard of '78

Today is the 29th anniversary of the start of the Blizzard of 1978 that pummelled the Northeast. Cars were stranded on highways and basically everything was shutdown for a week. I vaguely remember staying home from school that week. We couldn't open to door to the outside because of the snow drifts, and the snow mounds were huge! At least, they looked that way to an eight year old. What are your memories of the blizzard?

(Side note: Interestingly enough, when searching for articles and pictures of the blizzard on the internets, I found this local band called The Blizzard of 78. They definitely have that Boston/New England sound to them.)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2/06/2007 9:51 PM, Blogger Elsa said...

I can't believe its been 29 years! I remember being out of school for the week and just looking out the window and just seeing white everywhere. I don't think I got out of my pajamas all week long! Heaven :-) Had to love those snow days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home