Sunday, February 04, 2007

Young hearts be free tonight

Last night, my wife and I went to go see Rod Stewart in concert at the Gaaaaden. She won the tickets from a local radio station and we went out on our first night out alone for months we think. We were trying to figure out when the last time we went out by ourselves without the kids and it's been a while.

Well, Mr. Stewart did not disappoint. I've always liked his songs throughout the years, especially his older stuff. He's not one of those acts that I would seek out to get tickets for, but hey a free show is a free show. He performed in the round which is always a plus and he can still belt it out. His 'opening act' was a local Scottish bagpipe band and they performed for a few minutes before Rod Stewart came out which was very cool. His songs ranged the gamut throughout his career from his opening song of "Tonight, I'm Yours", "You Wear It Well", "You're In My Heart" to "Infatuation", "Some Guys Have All the Luck", and "Forever Young". He also played some cover tunes from his latest album like "Have You Ever Seen The Rain" from CCR and "It's A Heartache" from Bonnie Tyler. If you ever get a chance to see his show, I'd recommend it.

4 Comments:

At 2/05/2007 12:38 PM, Blogger Elsa said...

Sounds like a good time! I used to love Rod Stewart - I still like him, but like you, I probably wouldn't pay to go see him, but I certainly would for free :-)

 
At 2/05/2007 1:11 PM, Blogger Tam said...

Funny you should both mention that you wouldn't necessarily pay to see him...Dan was just telling me last night that last year he bought 2 sets of tickets for Rod Stewart and sold them on ebay for $350-$450 a pair! I guess some people will pay!!!! Glad to hear you guys had a nice night Ed.

 
At 2/05/2007 8:15 PM, Blogger Ed said...

Wow, that's crazy but he did put on a good show. Plus, the crowd was, uh, a bit older than I expected. I felt like we were the youngest ones in that general vicinity.

Oh, did I mention, the tickets were in the newer Sports Bar section of the Garden? We didn't have assigned seats, but we sat at the bar and had a straight shot view of the stage. We could walk around in that area, plus they had free appetizers during the first part of the show. It was very comfortable.

 
At 2/06/2007 1:16 PM, Blogger Elsa said...

Ed - that's pretty cool. I like the idea of just hanging out with appetizers, etc. Especially since it was all on the house!

Tam - I would have NEVER guessed that Rod Stewart tickets would go for that much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home