Wednesday, August 08, 2007

*

So, Barry "Steroids" Bonds surpassed Hank Aaron's home run record last night... and on my wife's birthday no less. I'm not too gung ho about it since all the alleged steroid usage around him. I'm not surprised that it was done in San Fran. I don't think he would have gotten a better reception anywhere else. I saw the highlights this morning and all the hoopla afterward. I must say I was impressed, surprisingly, of his humility when thanking the fans and when he broke down thanking his late Dad, Bobby Bonds.

1 Comments:

At 8/08/2007 10:48 PM, Blogger Elsa said...

I saw it live last night (I was switching back and forth between the Red Sox on NECN and the Giants game on ESPN), and I have to say, it was definitely an "event" to witness. I agree with what you said about Barry Bonds' humility and emotion he showed on the field. I guess history (or should I say future) will be the judge on the rest of it.

BTW, Happy belated B-day to D!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home